Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 9

My supervisor is in his late 20s. He is serious. But he's told me twice that i am doing a good job. I am so glad I have a supervisor. I thought I was supposed to come up with an inventory system on my own. He also told me that he didn't speak to me until now, because he wanted to make sure I was staying. Apparently the inventory job is not a popular one. I can see why, but for me, after years of working brain frying jobs, I need a job just counting. It is healing my poor, frazzled teacher's brain.

I like working here. it's close to home. one of the hardest things about working at the winery was the drive. My body hurt because I was driving an hour each way. It takes me maybe four minutes to drive from my house to my work.

The work itself is pleasantly boring. I am behind the counter, so I hear the budtenders and the customers all day. I am an observer.

People are nice to me. One of the security guards told me that the owner can be abusive to his staff, even making them cry. Just what I need. Maybe I am here to avenge myself against all of the yelling bosses i have had. seriously dude? I am counting shit. you cannot make me cry.

I am so happy to be out of the house and off of twitter. My body still aches, especially my left hip, but I am feeling better than I felt last week at this time. It is good to be needed, and to interact with young, vibrant humans. They are really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Adventure

All that glamour couldn't last, and it didn't. I was let go from the place a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, what with the v...