Thursday, March 14, 2019

Yesterday, I got a job at a local cannabis dispensary. It is something I have wanted to do, even before getting out here. The cannabis business is growing rapidly, and I’ve wanted to learn all aspects of growing and selling cannabis.


Today, I am laughing at my luck. Maybe this is why I haven’t been getting other jobs or passing the math test. Maybe I am finally following the path that I want to follow. All I know is that I am passionate about cannabis the way other people are about wine. There are many similarities in the pot business and the wine business, now that cannabis is legal in so many states. The way that language is used to describe both; The ritual; The history; the science.


The place is a little over a mile from where I live, so, theoretically, I can walk. It’s the first dispensary that I registered with as a medical patient. The business is growing, and the owner is hiring for many positions. He hired me for inventory and training. This will be interesting. Inventory is basically counting and I can do that, without having to take a math test. Plus, there’s no drug testing involved. It is a union shop, and the job is full-time, with benefits. The salary is low to start, with a raise in a few months. I hope I can handle the schedule. I hope I like it. I hope they like me.


My mood has improved immensely, knowing I have a place to go where I am paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Adventure

All that glamour couldn't last, and it didn't. I was let go from the place a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, what with the v...