Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Pay Day

Today was pay day. I got paid in cash, although everything was withheld, just like in any other business. It feels weird to be walking around with 800.00 in cash until I can deposit it.

I keep counting. It is the perfect job for me, considering all of the brain frying jobs I have had in my career. I show up and do what I am told, and I count. I don't have to deal with irritable customers or colleagues, although I haven't met any of those. 

Twitter is really not holding my interest at all. I have no idea what is going on in the world at the moment. After work, I went to Loretta's, and she and Bake fed me dinner. Cauliflower soup and Caesar salad, with One House Bakery break. Bake came in the store today.

I purchased a cartridge and a tincture today for my pain. Wedding Cake is the cartridge and it's a 50/50 hybrid, meaning that it's an equal blend of indica and sativa. I can taste the cake. I just took a few drops of the tincture. I am in so much pain, and I really need to sleep tonight. My left hip, groin, and right shoulder are all extremely troublesome tonight. I am really hoping this tincture works. It's part CBD and part THC. 

We finished Game of Thrones, and now have to wait until April 14 to see the first episode of season 8. No binging on this one. We have to wait from week to week. I don't know how the people who watched it in real time could wait between episodes, let alone seasons. 

Yesterday, I met Jane Vanvig in the city. Her sister and brother-in-law live in the Sunset, so I drove in and we went to lunch. Her brother-in-law just had his 4th brain surgery, so she is here, helping her sister. Jane and I go way back, to the time when I worked in law and lobbying firms in DC, so she can appreciate how far I have come working in a dispensary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Adventure

All that glamour couldn't last, and it didn't. I was let go from the place a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, what with the v...