Tuesday, March 19, 2019

First Day

First day at the dispensary. I woke up excited. Got to work and started counting. There is a lot to count. The people were friendly. The corporate culture is laid back, of course. It is physically demanding for me, but I just have to get strong. I want to stay there. The budtenders are young and cute, but there are people in my generation working there, too.

I met a nice woman named Pamela, who the owner thought was me. Understandable since we are both tall and blonde. And the music is great, lots of it from my era. The younger people surprise me, because they get so into it. Lots of singing along and dancing. They work their asses off, all with great customer service. My type of work place. Such a major shift from my time as an executive assistant to huge egos in Washington, DC. As physical as the work is, it is still easier than teaching.

I counted until noon and then went back through what I counted, recording the count on a sheet. I finished that at 3:30. Then I entered those numbers onto a spread sheet and finished at 5:30. There wasn't much training, but when I had a question, I just asked. No one rolled their eyes.

I got so into the counting and didn't look at my phone until 12:30. Suddenly it was 2:30 and I understood why I was getting faint with hunger. And then it was 4:30. The day flew by. That says something. Dress is very casual, which is fine with me, because I spent much of the day on my ass on the floor. Comfortable shoes are a must. Again, so different than my jobs in DC.
When I worked at the winery, I thought of how Napa was like Disneyland for grown ups. It's all a show. Same with the dispensary. It is weird to see the back room, behind the scenes.

Cannabis is so different than the pot that people my age smoked. It is like viticulture, with all kinds of species and genus. It is definitely stronger, and there are so many ways now to ingest it. You can smoke flower, vape oil, rub balm on your skin, eat and drink it. And there are so many forms - flower, oils, shatter, dab, lotion, capsules, sodas, beer, candy, tinctures, wine, tea, and so many others.

The best thing is that I stayed off of social media all day, except for 30 minutes at lunch, but I was distracted by eating my cheese sandwich. But now, I must listen to Rachel and Lawrence, so I can harsh on my own buzz.




No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Adventure

All that glamour couldn't last, and it didn't. I was let go from the place a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, what with the v...