Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Month In

Just finished my fourth week at the dispensary.

My body is adjusting, and so is my mind.

At first, I never thought I could just count all day long. Now, though, I have my counting routines, and I have a rhythm, so the day moves along. I've graduated from counting just flower. Now I count concentrates and edibles, a mind expanding experience.

There is so much I still don't know about cannabis. I'm definitely in the right place to learn. I asked one of my younger co-workers today if anyone still smokes herb, and he laughed and said he hadn't since 2012. It's total culture shock to someone like me who smoked weed and indulged in home made hash brownies. There are so many ways other than actually smoking to consume cannabis. The thing that caught my eye was the Dabbalator. It looks like a pen and it burns concentrate. This article explains dabbing. It comes from Leafly, a great reference for all things cannabis.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-are-cannabis-dabs-and-benefits-of-dabbing-marijuana

Then there are the edibles. There are gummies, cookies, rice crispy treats, butter, honey, chocolate, cold brew coffee, infused wine, mints, sodas, lollipops and so much more.

My neck is sore because it is bent over for at least six hours a day. I use the tincture I bought on pay day at bedtime, and it helps.

At the end of last week, I was exhausted. This week, I am better. But I do spend most of my time hunched over, counting. I get so engrossed and don't pay attention to all that is going on around me. My job is not stressful, and, not only do I get paid, but my Twitter habit has subsided. The world is careening out of control, and my haven is my job. When I do check it, I am sorry I did. It still pulls me in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Adventure

All that glamour couldn't last, and it didn't. I was let go from the place a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, what with the v...